Friday, November 18, 2011

Little Love Note

A couple weeks ago, I brought Dylanne to work with me because she didn't have school. Plus it was a great way for us to spend some one-on-one time together, or so I thought.

I was extremely busy at work that day and actually worked about 10 hours. Dylanne kept herself busy, as I tend to keep a few toys in my office. I was a bit bummed that I was so focused on work and not so much on having a little fun at the work place with her.

Recently I have been working a lot and have been really work focused. I have a 6 foot dry erase board in my office that I have full of notes and things to do. I bring work home with me, mentally and have been a little checked out from my family. There has been a disconnect and it was starting to wear on me.

Yesterday, I was standing at my huge dry erase board writing down more notes when something caught my eye. Next to my dry erase board, I have a little cork board in which I have pictures of my girls, wife and family. I noticed the smallest post-it note that you can buy stuck to the board above a picture of Dylanne. In Dylanne's handwriting, the note read: I Love Daddy.

My world stopped as I sat in my chair and just smiled. What an awesome surprise. What was even better is when I returned home from work last night, I said to Dylanne, "I found a little love note in my office today...." and she instantly started to smile. Her note/plan worked perfectly and she knew it.

As much as my kids tend to drive me insane, I love the death out of both of them.

That note will forever be stuck to that board; in the same place because I now know where it is at. I will look at it everyday to help me keep my priorities straight. Work is very important to me, but not more important than the 2 little girls that love me. It's the little things done by my little ones that make a huge impact on me and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment