Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dream A Little Dream For.......You

I usually write these blogs in the early morning or over my lunch break, but as I sit at home tonight, I felt inspired to write something before bedtime. I have a big morning tomorrow. I have many thoughts and ideas running through my head. Tomorrow morning I advocate for JDRF and a cure for Juvenile Diabetes in front of some of the biggest names in Cedar Rapids. What do I say and How do I say it?

I have practiced what I am going to say at least 30 times this week, with each of those times having a completely different message. I can honestly say that I have no idea what I will say tomorrow. I do know that whatever I say will be from the heart because my heart has never led me astray.

I will tell our story tomorrow. I will get emotional. I will get fired up. I will be motivated. I will do all this while having Micheala standing right next to me. I will not fail her.

So the question that I was asked, "what would a cure mean to you and your family?"

A cure is a dream right now. Fortunately, I am a dreamer.

I dream of the day that I don't have to watch my daughter test her blood sugars anymore. I dream of the day that my pharmacy bill is less than $1300 a month. I dream of the day that a common cold isn't so threatening to Micheala. I dream of the day that Dylanne doesn't feel left out because we focus so much on Micheala's health. I dream of the day that my wife can go to work and not spend the day worrying about Micheala at school. I dream of the day that I can wake up and not feel so guilt stricken about the fact that I am responsible for Micheala's Diabetes diagnosis. I dream that someday 24 million Americans will say that they HAD Diabetes.

To quote John Lennon, "You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

What are your dreams? Are you afraid to write them out or speak of them? Are you afraid that people will think you are foolish? Are you afraid that those dreams will never come true?

Dream a little dream for you tonight. Grab a hold of those dreams and dare yourself to believe. If we don't have dreams, then what do we have? If I didn't dream my dreams, I would be letting go of all hope that someday my daughter will be healthy. I can't and will not let her down.

Your dreams are your dreams. Your dreams are only foolish if you say so. Tonight, before you lay your head on your pillow, share your dreams with your loved one. Tell them why they are your dreams. Tell them you love them, then allow yourself to fall asleep and ..........dream.

Sweet dreams everyone and please pray that God gives me a passionate heart and the right words for tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment