Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Determination

What a morning. Breakfast with Champions. I spoke at the Cedar Rapids Country Club this morning in front of corporate heads from Cedar Rapids. At my table sat JDRF staff, Tom Brands and my family.....a table of champions. We left the breakfast and I felt good. Good because I know that I did what I was suppose to do this morning. I told our story. I got people fired up to get involved with JDRF. I also got Tom Brands to sign a photo for our silent auction. It was signed, "Takedown Juvenile Diabetes - Make a difference - Tom Brands". Awesome! This will definately help is raise funds for the walk.

We took the girls to school afterwards and stopped in to talk to Micheala's teacher. Her teacher starts to tell us that one of her "challenge" spelling words for the week is the word determination.

Micheala, as part of her assignment, was to write a sentence using the word determination. Her sentence:

"I have determination for JDRF"

Blown away and so proud. Proud that she is gettin involved in the cause. Proud that it is on her mind. Proud that she has such a huge goal.

Today I spoke of how Micheala holds me accountable, not only in my own health, but in our "determination" to fulfill our purpose. This morning, she reminded us again that we need to keep after it.

I feel blessed everyday that we have such insightful children. I hope the future is full of more words like "determination" in our kids lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment