Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"It Was A Good Try Dad"

This morning I battled with the girls over what they wanted for breakfast. The battle was, I wanted to feed the girls breakfast, but they couldn't decide what they wanted. After much debate and telling them "No" to chocolate donuts, they decided they wanted scrambled eggs.

So, I go into the kitchen and start scrambling up some eggs. Finished them and fed them to the girls. That's when I made the fatal mistake. I asked them both, "How are the eggs?"

They both stared at me with blank expressions on their faces.

Micheala pipes up and says, "They don't really taste like anything, so I don't want mine, but it was a good try Dad." Dylanne follows up by handing me her bowl and says, "Yeah Dad, good try."

Offended? Yes. Funny? Yes.

I wish disappointment was always that easy to handle. The girls were looking forward to eggs and I could not deliver. How many times have we tried in our lives and haven't been able to deliver the way we had wished? For me, it has been a lot, but never due to lack of effort. When that occurs, I usually expect an ass chewin of some sort, so for once, it was nice to have my efforts recognized and appreciated.

A little funny to brighten your day, I know it did mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment