Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sunshine

For those of you that know me personally, know that I have been battling through a lot of things lately. Things that are unrelated to juvenile diabetes and things that I will not share because this blog was never intended for me to throw a self fulfilling pity party. One thing that I have learned throughout the past few years is that even the most cloudy days offer a ray of sunshine; even if for a brief moment.

Tonight, I returned home from a long work day. I took my shoes off at the door and grabbed a glass of water. I let the dog outside and changed my clothes so I could start cleaning the house. Earlier in the day, I received some news from Heather that had both her and I upset, so to deal with that anger, I often clean something. I let the dog in the house and began to clean the kitchen.

That's when the door bell rang.

I figured it was one of Dylanne's friends wanting to play, so I rushed down the stairs to tell her friend that Dylanne was not home yet. I pulled open the front door and was suprised to see an older woman standing in my door way.

She says to me, "Hi, I read your story in the newspaper and I wanted to help", then hands me a sealed envelope. I thanked her and she walked away. I closed the door and headed back upstairs.

I opened the envelope to find a check for $100 to team Pump Princess. My ray of sunshine.

I had never met this woman, nor did I have any idea of where she is from. From this day forward she will be known as "sunshine" and she was on my front doorstep.

The past cuple days have been very humbling for me. I have received numerous texts, emails and messages from my friends, family and strangers telling me how proud they are of me. These messages really help me get through the tough times I have been going through and I appreciate each and every one of them.

I am not sure what God has in store for me before the day starts, which makes every day an exciting adventure. It's days like today, when God gives you a special gift to let you know that you are on the right path. It's times when you reach out to your friends to assist your daughter in meeting her goal for JDRF, only to find the next morning that she had quadrupled goal overnight.

Every day has a ray of sunshine, no matter how cloudy the day, you just have to keep your chin up so you don't miss when that sunshine breaks through the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment