Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Make The Decision To Take Action; Not Just To Never Quit

I spent the weekend in Texas and was blessed with the opportunity to listen to some amazing speakers and hang out with some Champion people. Throughout the entire weekend, I was filled with all sorts of encouragement. I wanted to share with you some of that encouragement.

"Make the decision to take action; not just to never quit" - Robbie Page

This quote has simmered in my mind over the past few days and has gotten me fired up. Fired up not only for this weekend's fundraiser, but of all of the things we are trying to do to find a cure.

I got to thinking about the time that we made the decision to "never quit". We kept telling ourselves that as long as we never quit, good things will happen to us. As long as we take care of ourselves, someone else will find a cure for diabetes and we will all be saved. We believed that the "never quit" mindset was the answer to our prayers.

We bragged and boasted about it. "Yeah, we've been through a lot in our lives, but...we never quit fighting." The problem is that we never STARTED fighting. We dealt with issues rather than work to improve them. As long as we shared our issues with others and said that we would never quit, someone would come along and save us. We played victims of situations that we were not doing anything to better for ourselves. We never quit....but we never started.

We made the decision to take action.

Next to my family, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation is real close to my heart. I care about the children and families that battle juvenile diabetes each and every day. I am disappointed in myself for taking so long to start working to make a difference. I cannot get that time that I wasted back, so I will work hard to make up for it.

I wanted to encourage everyone to take action. For us, it's taking action towards finding a cure for juvenile diabetes. For you, it may be something else. Take action.

I would hate to think where Juvenile Diabetes research would be if everyone just decided to never quit. The glory is that their are hundreds and thousands of people that decided to take action, whether it be in the way of paying $1 for a sneaker at the local convenient store, advocating, walking or offering support. Remember, JDRF is an organization that was started by the families of juvenile diabetics. They chose action.

I choose action.

No comments:

Post a Comment