Tuesday, October 11, 2011

$94.90

So.....as I start my season of stress (JDRF Walk Fund Raising), I like to know where I am at, because I know where I am going to be. Our goal this year is to raise $13,001. This was given to us by Micheala as a challenge. The first year we nearly raised $4,000. Last year we raised $11,009. So why not up the stakes?

Being a baseball guy, I believe that everything has a statistic. So I started running numbers today. Team Pump Princess needs to average raising about $94.90 per day until the day of the walk to meet our goal. I at least know where we are at, but $94.90 is a bit steep.

Donations have their ebbs and flows. We have fundraisers that bring in a large amount, then we have days with no donations. Last year our goal was $10,000 and with 2 weeks left before the walk, we were only at $8,300. A very stressful 14 days, but we pulled through and exceeded or goal. This year will be no different, accept for the fact that we will have to reach more people than the year prior.

I am a little donations type of guy. I don't look for the big fish to hand over $100, I look for any individual willing to donate $1. It just makes sense on the advocacy side of things. I could find 100 people to donate $100 or I could find 10,000 people to donate $1. Which way will I reach more people.

You will probably get phone calls or an e-mail from me at some point asking you to join in our fight. I ask that you pay attention at your local convenient stores and look for the JDRF shoes. Purchase 1, they are only $1. Put your name on it for everyone to see and announce your support for JDRF.

No comments:

Post a Comment