Thursday, September 15, 2011

Move Along

After an awesome evening in Mason City last night, I had no doubt in my mind that I would wake up in a fantastic mood. Sure enough...I did! I woke up with a quote in my mind that someone had shared with me a few years back. I can't remember who shared it with me, but for some reason, it was on my mind this morning.

"If there is something in this world that you do not like, it is up to you to change it."

That is so powerful, I am going to share it again.

"If there is something in this world that you do not like, it is up to you to change it."

So I thought to myself, I don't like that this world does not have a cure for Juvenile Diabetes, so it is up to me to change it. How am I going to change it? I would like to think that I am doing the right things now, but there has to be more that I can do. But why would I try to do this by myself? That's when I realized what this post needed to be about today.

"Move Along" by the All-American Rejects is sort of a theme song for me. I linked the video to the song on the right hand column under "Video and Site Links". Take a listen to it, but more importantly apply it. My favorite lyrics to the song are:


"When all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through"

This song sends the message of even when things are bad and you feel like they will never get better, keep pushing, remain strong! Is this not the story of an average day of someone living with juvenile diabetes? Is this not the story of the families that live with juvenile diabetes?

My message to everyone today, diabetic or not, is to MOVE ALONG. i am proud to say that I do not have any friends that are average. All of my friends are extraordinary, but only if they choose to be. Throughout my mission to fund a cure for juvenile diabetes, I have witnessed my friends, some old and some new, be extraordinary. Don raising over $1000 in sponsorship donations to run the half marathon in Cedar Falls last week. Kyle doing the same for his half marathon in Minnesota in October. Heidi throwing a Pampered Chef party for juvenile diabetes. Winn's Alley sponsoring a kickball tournament for juvenile diabetes. Various family members stepping up and standing beside me as I push for the cure. My point being, this could be you. This could be you, your family, friends and people you just met. Choose to be extraordinary and get involved in something. I love having new people contact me and ask, "What can I do?" Yes I am excited about them rasing money for our purpose, but I am even more excited about the ultimate reward which is them feeling awesome about being part of something special.

I believe that there is nothing too difficult to work through as long as you keep a positive attitude and stay strong.

Move Along.

No comments:

Post a Comment