Friday, September 9, 2011

Bustin Theirs To Save Hers

It's the day before the Kilometers For K'La Park-To_Park Race in Cedar Falls and lets just say that the tension is running high in the Schrock House. We have been working on different props (tutus, insulin syringes, insulin pump and so on, my wife has been trying to prepare for her half-marathon, gathering volunteers and getting shirts printed. Heather sent me a message yesterday that she was stressed out and apologized for being "bitchy" now and in the future, which I thought was awfully nice of her, but not necessary. Even though I serve as the self appointed spokesperson for our family, Heather is really the solid foundation that keeps our family moving. While I spend my time dreaming up and doing these different ideas for Team Pump Princess, she is the one coordinating all of the soccer practices and other scheduled events for the girls. She makes us go and that is what I love about her the most.

The reason I mentioned this is because I thought that it tied in well with the theme of today's message, Bustin Theirs To Save Hers. My advice or words of encouragement to Heather after receiving that message yesterday, was simply that the more that we stress today, the less the kids with juvenile diabetes will stress in their future. The hard work that we put forward today, the sacrifices and all of the blood sweat and tears, the closer we get to a cure. I shared this with her because it is what drives me. This is what keeps me up in the early morning hours painting different props or making signs. It is remembering my purpose and sticking to it.

So while we bust our butts getting this organized, we cannot forget about those special individuals who are planning on bustin their butts on Saturday morning and running in Micheala's honor. What an absolute honor to have so many friends step up and participate. I can never really express in words what it means to Team Pump Princess or to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I ask that all of you reading this post, keep these runners in your thoughts and prayers on Saturday morning. If you are at the race, look for the runners wearing black, pink and silver tutus. This is their way of showing everyone that they are running with purpose.

I also want to mention that I added 2 links to the right hand side of this page. One is the video from the JDRF Gala 2011 and the other is the Pump Princess Walk video from 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment