Monday, September 26, 2011

Cleansing: Mind, Body and Soul

On Sunday, my wife and I started our 10 Day Herbal Cleanse from Advocare. We cleanse our bodies every 90 days. We are a little over 90 days since our last cleanse, so Sunday just seemed like the right day to start. Without getting into the nitty gritty of what an actual cleanse does, which Advocare offers a very "gentle" cleanse, a cleanse basically scrubs the inside of your body out; getting rid of all of the garbage in your system so that the right vitamins and nutrients can be absorbed by your body. Basically getting rid of the bad and substituting with the good.

So I started thinking about the cleanse. Why is it that I cleanse my body, but ignore my mind and soul? After all, aren't we mind, body and soul? So with this body cleanse, I have decided to due double duty (no pun intended) and cleanse my mind and soul as well.

In cleansing my mind and soul, I am going to get rid of the bad and replace with the good. I am focused on the things that have frustrated (fascinated) me, the stresses in my life and issues in my life that I just keep setting aside. Identifying those things was the first step. My next step was fixing those things, or getting rid of them. I'll use a simple example of my own. I have a ton of unpainted bag boards in my garage that need to get done. I have procrastinated a bit, but also have been running into a time issue. As the timeline to get these boards painted is getting smaller and smaller, my stress level has been getting higher and higher. I decided to dedicate a few hours each night to work on them, whether it bee from midnight til 2am or if it is a few hours before supper; I have to consistently work on them. I started this last night and already feel better about that issue in my life.

With my body cleanse, it is a 10 day event, so I decided to make my mind and soul cleanse a 10 day event as well. My goal is that by day 10, not only will my body be free of the bad things, but my mind and soul will be as well. I felt it was important to have a timeline and both cleanses correlate very well.

I wanted to share with all of you what I was doing in regards to my cleanse because as I thought about it, I started wondering why everyone does exercise a cleanse. Maybe a body cleanse isn't for you, but what about cleansing your mind and soul? Start eliminating the "bad" from your life and substituting with the "good". Life is too short to spend your days thinking about the things that worry you all day. Take charge and fix them. It's much more fun to laugh all day than worry. It's alot easier to smile than frown.

Take the time and work on you. Once you are where you want to be, the people around you start reacting and want to be there as well. What have YOU done for YOU lately? Is it foolish to invest in yourself?

By day 10, I am going to be happier and healthier. By day 10, my family will be happier and healthier. By the end of today, I hope that you decide to be happier and healthier.

One final note. I have to tell all of you that read this how much I appreciate the positive feedback that I have gotten from all of you. My goal is to reach as many people as I can so that I can offer encouragement to not only diabetics and parents of diabetics, but everyone who needs a little kickstart every once and a while. So please, continue to pass this blog along to friends and family. Thank you and I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment