Monday, December 19, 2011

The Secret....

I am excited to write today's blog because i have a secret to share with everybody. First I have to provide the build up, so please be patient, it will be worth it.

I spent a majority of my life accepting the fact that I was an average kid that would occasionally do something above average, but never was consistently fantastic. I was an average athlete (at best), I got average grades in school (B's and C's), I was an average friend, I came from an average town and well, you get the point by now. I was okay with being average. It allowed me to hide when I needed to hide and never stressed me out with overwhelming expectations to be great.

As an adult, I continued forward with the average life style. I had average relationships, did average work, lived in an average house and so on and so forth. The problem with the average lifestyle as an adult is that average started to turn into below average and then eventually to poor. I also was facing the fact that I had two kids and a wife that were looking to me to be the leader, father and husband that they deserved. Their problem was that all they knew was average, so they only expected the average effort from me....which then led to below average and eventually hitting poor.

I got disgusted and was unsatisfied with being poor at life.

That;s when I heard this secret. Now it may not seem like a secret, but it is only a secret because people don't share this with others and people don't exercise this secret very often. What is the secret?

If there is something in your world that you don't like, YOU can change it!

WHAT?!?!?!? You mean little ole me has an opportunity to change something that I don't like? No way! That can't be true.

Let me pose this question/challenge to you. What is it in your world/life that you don't like? Now think of the EXCUSES for why you haven't done anything about it. Now go through that list of excuses and cross them off as you come up with reasons to make those excuses invalid. Here is an example:

MY DISLIKE IN MY WORLD: I don't like that my daughter and many other children have to deal with Juvenile Diabetes.

MY EXCUSES: I am one person from a small town and what I do doesn't make a difference. I am not a medical scientists so I can't create a cure. I don't have the time to do anything for Juvenile Diabetes. Everybody will think that I am crazy.

MY EXCUSE ERASERS: I can get people to help me and form a committee. I do make a difference because my daughters are watching the good things I am trying to do. I can raise money for the medical scientist so they have funding to find a cure. I can schedule time in the evenings to work on facilitating different fund raising ideas and work on other types of media outlets. I feel very strong about my purpose and don't care what others say, besides some of those people may join me.

So there it is, the secret....You can change the things that you don't like, but it's up to you. Do you make excuses or do you find a way? Do you accept ordinary or would you rather be extraordinary?

Whether it be bills, your health, your attitude or your job.....you can change it.

Stop making excuses for yourself and start making goals. Make a difference today.

No comments:

Post a Comment