Thursday, March 1, 2012

Micheala's Smile



Had to post this story this morning because it made my day.

I was at the gas station in Urbana this morning, pumping gas and getting ready to head to work. An SUV pulled up to the pump next to me and the woman got out of the truck and said to me, "Are you Micheala's father?"

I told her I was and she introduced herself to me as Tucker's mom. Tucker is a boy in Micheala's class. She started telling me that Tucker wanted her to look up Micheala's video on their Kindle last night, so she did. They watched the video interview that Micheala and I did for the JDRF Gala. She commented on how Micheala would just sit there and smile. What she told me next, completely made my day.

She told me that Tucker turned to her last night and said, "I love it when Micheala smiles; it just makes me smile."

Tucker's mom and I joked a bit about a possible crush.

I got into my car and drove to work, but smiled all the way. Knowing that Micheala has that kind of impact on others is awesome. It reminds me that I often times get caught up in trying to say the right thing or even something profound, when maybe I just need to smile more.

I'm with you Tucker, when Micheala smiles; it makes me smile as well.

1 comment:

  1. reading this made me smile! what a beautiful little girl you have and i love the power that a smile can have!

    ReplyDelete